So after all of my months of preaching about helping sharks and “saving my fin-tastic friends”, it’s about time I show you some great ways to donate money to shark protection that reward you in some pretty awesome shark paraphernalia! And for those days when you just want to shout your love for sharks on the rooftop, there are plenty of awesome shark things out there to buy! LET’S GET STARTED:
1. sharkwater – is an INCREDIBLE, life changing movie and each purchase of the DVD goes to supporting and protecting sharks all over the world from finning and murder. This purchase is definitely worth it!
2. adopt a shark here, or here, or even here! – Donate money to help a specific shark (i.e. adopting a shark). Some places let you name your shark and others give you a nice “glossy photo” of your new adopted pet!
And for those days that you just want to enjoy sharks without having to save the planet, here are quite a few of my favorite shark items for sale:
3. Shark mug – this mug is great for any finatic that loves the thrill of seeing a great white in his empty mug every morning.
4. Chumbuddy – I received this 7 foot bad boy for my 19th birthday and could not have been happier! He is huge, the life of every party, and amazingly comfortable! This plush companion is great for any bedroom, warm enough to sleep in each night, and cool enough to show off to everyone you know!
5. Shark backpack – Carry around your books in style with this awesome shark backpack! It can make even the most terrifying classes seem tame in comparison to its sharp teeth.
6. Shark bean bag chair cover – One of my personal favorites, this bean bag cover allows any seat to become fin-tastic!
7. Shark ring – Shark rings are an awesome reminder of those amazing swimmers that need all of the help that they can get! I personally love shark jewelry and have a gorgeous ring, and a necklace that I wear every day!
8. Shark Nails – If I was talented enough, I would rock these nails on every occassion! Give it a shot and copy this nail art to give show that you are a true fin-atic!
9. Shark Infested Jello – This is a simple recipe that include blue jello, some cool whip to add the white waves on the top, and some gummy sharks that you can find at any Sweet Factory or candy dispensary to add in throughout the jello! Fun, easy, and great for a sharkweek party or just a normal, shark-filled day!
10. Shark Cake – Yes, I did make this cake! Yes, it was for my own birthday! Surprisingly, this wasn’t as difficult as it looks. Just layers of cake with some fondant bought at Michaels made my birthday one that I will never forget! (To check out all of the steps that went into making my cake, take a look at my first blog post ever!
So now you know ten awesome things that can help support the incredible creatures that I love and care about most! And if these aren’t satisfying enough for such an extreme shark lover like you, feel free to check out some of the things that I personally own! Best bet, search shark____ on google or amazon and you can find ANYTHING you’re looking for. I have a shark blanket, a huge Jaws poster that I bought on Hollywood Blvd., shark ice cube trays that are super cheap and can be found easily on amazon, shark lighters (awesome and found on amazon), and a small, stuffed, blacktip shark named Kevin who sits on my bed. Go out and find shark things that are right for you and help support my amazing friends!
And remember, Just Keep Swimming!
Great White Teenager